Monday, July 4, 2011

Chestnut Adds to his Legendary Status by Winning his Fifth Consecutive Mustard Yellow Belt

Some people would call it gross, others would say that it was a disgusting display of gluttony.  There are many words that some people would use to describe the MLE (Major League Eaters and yes...it is a real organization) and the annual Nathan's Famous Hot Dog competition. 

I would call it impressive.

The majority of us have overeaten at one point in our lives.  I know that when I do I feel horrible.  I ate three brat's in a single sitting and threw up shortly thereafter.  These guys wouldn't even call that a warm up. 

Joey "Jaws" Chestnut claimed his 5th Mustard Yellow championship belt by inhaling 60 Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs in 10 minutes today.   

Like it or not, what these guys (and girls) do is impressive.  They all have what I would call a "gift" and are lucky enough to get paid for it. 

 

No comments: