Monday, June 13, 2011

Apparently, Finishing Second is Just Fine for Lebron James

“All the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.


And with that, Lebron James capped off his inaugural season with the Miami Heat by telling the rest of the world to go “F” themselves. He’s rich and doesn’t really care that his team just lost the NBA Finals. He’s saying that he’s going to live the lifestyle of a millionaire because he can and the rest of us are going to go back to our crappy lives and mediocre jobs.

When Lebron made “The Decision” last year, I wrote in this blog that I thought that the biggest problem that the Heat were going to face is deciding who to give the ball to in crunch time (to read the article, click on this link Good Luck in Miami Lebron).

Well, I was wrong. The Heat’s biggest problem that I saw wasn’t that each of the “Big Three” wanted to take the big shot; it was that none of them wanted to step up and take the big shot, especially Lebron.

For the Heat to have a chance at winning, the self appointed “King James” needs to get a killer instinct. He needs to have the courage to hit the big shot when his team needs it. He should be able to in a sense, smell blood and go for the kill when the game is on the line. Michael Jordan was able to do that. Kobe Bryant can do that. Dirk Nowitzki showed during these NBA Finals that he is able to do that. Lebron has yet to prove that he can carry his team when it counts the most. Once he does that, then the Heat will have chance to win the Finals.

Until then, King James is going to “continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.”

No comments: