Tuesday, March 23, 2010

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

My NCAA tournament bracket is totally busted! I picked 25 games correctly out of the first 32. My teams were doing great and I was feeling on top of the world. Then the second round games started and that is when the bottom fell out. I missed on 7 out of 16 games. I should be very upset. The crazy thing is though that I'm not. I'm actually very happy.

With all of the talk of expanding the tournament to 96 teams, this years NCAA tourney has proven to be one of the most exciting in recent years. Kansas, a #1 seed and picked by many people to win it all, was eliminated by Northern Iowa University. NORTHERN IOWA UNIVERSITY!! They have no business at all beating Kansas, but they did. There have been other upsets as well; Ohio over Georgetown, St. Mary's beating Villanova, Cornell defeating Wisconsin. This year has proven that anything can happen.

I know that sometimes people say "more is better", but in this case it is not. Having the top 65 teams play in a tournament to crown a college basketball champion is one of the only perfect things in the sports world today. 96 teams would water down the competition and take away from the miracles that happen.

1 comment:

http://www.clixsense.com/?2865074 said...

Yahoo! Sports has a game for you if your bracket is busted. It's called Second Chance Tournament Pick 'Em. You can learn how to register for this game at:
http://www.ehow.com/how_6111214_avenge-busted-bracket.html