Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tiger Woods to address allegations on Friday

Tiger Woods will be making a televised statement tomorrow in which he will apologize for his marital indiscretions.

His statement is scheduled to air at 11 am tomorrow. I'd be willing to bet that by 11:30 there will be thousands of people that will be writing about whether or not his apology was sufficient enough. Others will discuss if he was sincere. Blah, blah, blah. These people believe that Tiger owes them an apology for his actions off the course.

I don't know Tiger Woods. Like most of the golf fans in the world, I've only seen Tiger on television. I don't agree with what he did, but Tiger Woods doesn't owe me an apology. He owes his wife an apology, her family, his mother, their kids, and close personal friends an apology, but not me. In my mind, the only thing that he owes golf fans is to play great golf.

No matter what Tiger says tomorrow, there will be many people that will say that they do not believe him. Others will try to state how his apology should have gone. These people just like to complain. These people are also the same ones that will be praising him when he starts winning golf tournaments again.

No comments: