Sunday, January 31, 2010

Warner provides inspiration to us all

Anything is possible.

That is what I’m going to remember when I hear the name Kurt Warner. Not his 2 MVP’s, 3 Super Bowl appearances, or even his Super Bowl victory. I won’t remember him for being 1 of only 2 quarterbacks to throw for 100 touchdowns and 14,000 yards for 2 different teams either (Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton is the other, if you’re keeping score at home).

I will remember him for working hard during his 3 years in the Arena Football League and 1 year in NFL Europe while waiting for his chance in the NFL. I will remember Warner for being humble, even when he was stocking groceries at a local store in Iowa when he no team wanted to give him a shot. I will remember him for staying focused and ready to play, even when he was a back up on the St. Louis Rams.

Kurt Warner has taught me a great lesson that I think we can all learn from. Don’t let anything get in the way of achieving your dream. If you believe in yourself and work hard, anything is possible.

No comments: