Sunday, October 11, 2009

THAT'S WHY YOU PLAY 9 INNINGS

I can’t believe it. I really can’t believe what I just saw.

If you were to tell me earlier on today that the Red Sox would lead the Angels 6-4 in the 9th inning and have Jonathan Papelbon on the mound to close it out, I would have bet my house that Boston would win the game. Instead, the Angels scored 3 runs in the top of the 9th inning off of the Red Sox closer and won the game 7-6, winning the American League Division Series.

I’ve got to hand it to the Angels though. They showed the never say die attitude that I kept expecting the Red Sox to come through with in this series. The Angels Torii Hunter said it best when in a post game interview he stated, “That’s why we play 9 innings”.

Now the Angels will move on to the American League Championship Series where they will play the winner of the New York Yankees vs. the Minnesota Twins.

So what are myself and the millions of other Red Sox fans supposed to do now? The way that I see it, I’ve got two options. The first, I can move on to other sports. Football is in the middle of its season right now, hockey has just started their season, and basketball is about ready to tip off their season.

The other option that I have is to continue to watch the baseball post season and root for my second favorite team, whoever is playing the Yankees.

No comments: