Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hot Stove Season in MLB!



The Hot Stove season is in full force in major league baseball! This is a time of the year where I really look forward to spring training. Each team is able to wheel and deal in order to make them better for next season.

The Yankees have made the biggest splash so far with their signing of CC Sabathia and AJ Burnett. These are both very impressive signings. Assuming that they are able to sign Andy Pettite before spring training, they will have a starting rotation of Sabathia, Wang, Burnett, Pettite, and Chamberlin.

The Red Sox, on the other hand, are in the hunt to sign Mark Teixiera. He is the most wanted position player on the market this off season. There have been rumors that the Red Sox have walked away from negotiations because he is asking for too much money. I don't believe it.

The reason why is Teixiera's agent, Scott Boras. Boras is notorious for telling teams that his clients have offers on the table for a lot more money than they actually do. I'm sure that Boras did that with the Red Sox and they called his bluff. My guess is that Teixiera is going to sign with the Red Sox within the next couple of days.

I also believe that the Red Sox are going to get a starting pitcher also. From what I've been hearing, the leading candidates are Derek Lowe and Ben Sheets. Personally, I'm pulling for Lowe, he's more of a big game pitcher and isn't as injury prone as Sheets.

Either way, I believe that the Sox and Yankees will be duking it out for the pennant when the season winds down.

No comments: