Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Super Bowl picks



I know that the NFL regular season doesn't get underway until tomorrow, but I thought that I'd try to predict the future and tell you which teams are going to the playoffs and who will win the Super Bowl. I don't know how many of these will become true, we'll just have to wait and see. As Yogi Berra once said, "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future".

Let's start off in the AFC.

AFC EAST: Hands down, this division is going to go to New England. Even though I feel that this team won't be as good as they have in years past, they will win the division outright.

AFC NORTH: This one is a toss up between Pittsburgh and Cleveland for me. Baltimore is in a rebuilding year with a rookie quarterback and Cincinnati will have most of their team locked up in prison before the years over. Even though I like Big Ben at quarterback, I'm going to give the edge to Cleveland for the division, with Pittsburgh taking the wild card.

AFC SOUTH: Even though Peyton Manning hasn't played a down in the preseason (and why should he, he's Peyton Manning), he will lead the Colts to the division title. I do really like Jacksonville to give the Colts a run for their money. At the end of the season, the Colts will have the division crown, and the Jags will be the other wild card team.

AFC WEST: In a few years, this will be the Chiefs division, but for now, the San Diego "Super" Chargers are the best in the west.

So to recap, the AFC playoff teams will be San Diego, Indianapolis Colts, Cleveland, New England, Pittsburgh, and Jacksonville.

Now for the NFC.

NFC EAST: This is probably the toughest division in the NFL this year. Each of the four teams has a legitimate shot to win. I am going to go with Dallas. They are probably the most talented team in the NFL this year and will take the division.

NFC NORTH: The "Black and Blue" division contains my sleeper pick for this years playoffs. I'm going to go with the Green Bay Packers to win the division (how do you like them apples, Favre!), and the Minnesota Vikings as a wild card team.

NFC SOUTH: Even with Hurricane Gustav blowing through town won't stop the Saints from winning the division. I'm picking the other wild card winner to come from this division also, the Carolina Panthers.

NFC WEST: This seems like a pretty weak division. I believe that Seattle won't have any problems winning this hands down.

So to recap, the NFC playoff teams will be Seattle, New Orleans, Green Bay, Dallas, Minnesota, and Carolina.

For the Super Bowl, it will be Dallas vs. San Diego. Dallas will hoist the Lombardi trophy with a 34-31 victory.

In no way do I consider myself an "expert" at picking games. So if anyone places a wager on any of my picks and loses money, I am not at fault. If, however, you place a bet based on my picks and win money, I'll only charge a 10% predictors fee.

No comments: