Friday, September 12, 2008

Predictions for the weekend



If it's Friday, that means that it's almost football time folks! Last week, I finished strong by correctly picking the two winners on Monday Night Football. I hope to continue my winning streak with a strong weekend.

As an added bonus, I will be picking some select college games from around the state and beyond.

Without further adieu, your winners for this week are as follows;

NCAA
  • UM over Notre Dame : I have the feeling that this will be an ugly game
  • Michigan State over Florida Atlantic
  • Western Michigan over Idaho
  • USC demolishes Ohio State : Beanie Wells will play but won't matter against USC

NFL

  • Chicago over Carolina : The Bears aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be
  • Tennessee over Cincinnati : Cincinnati is till too banged up to hang with the Titans
  • Green Bay over Detroit : Is it even a question?
  • Jacksonville over Buffalo : The Jags will burst the Bills bubble
  • Kansas City over Oakland : My Chiefs will earn victory number 1 this weekend
  • Indy over Minnesota : The Vikings have too many questions at qb
  • NY Giants over St. Louis : The Rams don't have enough firepower
  • New Orleans over Washington : Jason Campbell isn't adjusted to the new offense yet
  • San Francisco over Seattle : Injuries have riddled the Seahawks
  • Tampa Bay over Atlanta : Matt Ryan will face his first real NFL team
  • Arizona over Miami : Even with the improvements, the Cards still win this one
  • Denver over San Diego : Cutler is too good for this Merriman-less defense
  • New England over NY Jets : The Patriots don't need Brady to beat the Jets
  • Pittsburgh over Cleveland : The Steelers will roll in this one
  • Dallas over Philadelphia : This is the Cowboys year
  • Baltimore over Houston : After an impressive week 1, this is Flacco's team

And there you have it, your weekend picks for week 2.

Also, don't forget to vote in my poll located at the side of this blog. For those of you that don't know, I want to start my own monthly sports newsletter. In it would be my own column, and then I'd like to do a feature on an athlete or non athlete in the world of sports. I would like your feedback on what type of athlete you would most like to see interviewed in my newsletter.

No comments: