Thursday, September 18, 2008

Football Friday!

The end of the work week is here and now it's time for the football picks to be made. Last week was a wet, sloppy week for football. I've checked the weather forecast for this weekend, and everything looks to have the making for a great weekend for football. With that being said, let's get to the picks.

NCAA
  • Michigan State over Notre Dame : Even thought the Irish beat up on Michigan last week, I'm still not convinced that they are back to form as the Notre Dame of old.
  • Auburn over LSU : This is my upset of the week in college. I believe that the #10 ranked Tigers will upstage the #6 ranked Tigers
  • Western Michigan over Tennessee Tech : Honestly, I don't know a thing about Tennessee Tech.

NFL

  • Atlanta over Kansas City : I know, I am a KC fan. But with the Chiefs qb struggles (because of injuries, Tyler Thigpen will be their 3rd starting qb in as many weeks), I've got to go with Atlanta.
  • Buffalo over Oakland : The Bills have made me a believer in them.
  • Chicago over Tampa Bay : I don't think that Griese is the answer for the Bucs
  • Carolina over Minnesota : Switching qb's isn't going to help the Vikings
  • New England over Miami : The Matt Cassell show continues in NE
  • New York Giants over Cincinnati : The Super Bowl champs are too much for the Bengals to handle.
  • Tennessee over Houston : Switching to Kerry Collins at qb was the best move the Titans could have made.
  • Arizona over Washington : This one is just a gut feeling.
  • Denver over New Orleans : Denver's Jay Cutler is quickly becoming an elite qb
  • San Francisco over Detroit : Mike Martz gets his revenge for being last years scapegoat in Detroit
  • Seattle over St. Louis : The Seahawks aren't that good, but the Rams are that bad.
  • Cleveland over Baltimore : The Browns will wake up and defeat the Ravens
  • Indy over Jacksonville : The Jags are too beat up to win this one
  • Philadelphia over Pittsburgh : In one of the better games this week, the Eagles topple the Steelers in a shootout
  • Green Bay over Dallas : Dallas was (and still is) my Super Bowl pick. I believe the the short week will hurt them in the long run.
  • San Diego over New York Jets : The Chargers will get their first win over the year against Brett Favre and the Jets.

Well there you have it folks. Good luck to your teams this week and I hope that you all have a great weekend! Go Chiefs!

No comments: