Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Feedback needed


I really have enjoyed putting together this blog. Posting my thoughts and ideas has been really great for me and I hope everyone has liked reading them.
As some of you may know, I was once a freelance sports reporter for the Kalamazoo Gazette. I really liked doing that because it combined 2 of my favorite things, sports and writing about sports. My only complaint was that I was assigned certain stories to do. I didn't have a choice. With this blog, I am able to write about whatever and whomever I want to.
With that being said, I'd like to take this blog to the next level, and that is where all of you come in.
I would like to publish my own monthly sports newsletter. It won't be much, probably just a page or two. In it I'd like to have my own monthly column where I can touch on whatever I am motivated to write about in the world of sports. I'd also like to profile a person in the world of sports with an interview.
Now is the part where all of you come in.
What kind of person would you prefer to see profiled each month? I've had many thoughts running through my head trying to think of what type of person this should be. Should I interview the elite athletes (Peyton Manning, Lebron James, Steve Yzerman, etc.)? Or should I interview female athletes (Maria Sharapova, Misty May-Treanor, etc.)? How about focusing on Christian athletes? I could also interview the people in the world of sports that are behind the scenes (front office personnel, groundskeepers that get the fields ready, agents, etc.). What about articles concentrating on the Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids athletes? Or is there an area that I'm not even thinking of?
So you see, I've got a big decision on my hands here. I'd like your help. If you can comment on this and let me know what type of athletes you'd like to see profiled in my newsletter, I'd love to hear about it.
I'd like to get as many people as possible involved in this. I'd really appreciate it if you could ask your friends, coworkers, or family about this. You can either forward the blog or ask them in person.
Thank you in advance for your help.

No comments: