Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One last series in the house that Ruth built



The Red Sox and Yankees last night started the final series between these two storied franchises at Yankee Stadium. The Red Sox won the first game in commanding fashion 7-3.

I haven't seen any pictures of the new Yankee stadium but I'm sure that it will be great. And I'm sure that many Yankee fans are looking forward to the new stadium. Even though I'm not a Yankee fan, I am not looking forward to the new stadium. I have always been a fan of the older stadiums.

Growing up as a Tiger fan, I loved going to Tiger Stadium. Even if it wasn't in the nicest area of Detroit, it was still a great place to go to watch a game. Just the simple fact of being in a place with so much history made me love being there all the more.

Don't get me wrong, I've been to Comerica Park quite a few times. It is very nice, but it isn't Tiger Stadium. Sure, Tiger Stadium had it's faults (obstructed views, missing some of the game to go to a concession stand, etc.), but that's what made it special to me.

I've never been to Yankee Stadium, heck, I've never been to New York. But, the next time that the Yankees host the Red Sox, it won't be the same. The rivalry, uniforms, and players (unless Hank Steinbrenner goes on a rampage) will be there. But the mystique that is Yankee Stadium will not.

**The Yankees are in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time since 1993. If this happens, Hank Steinbrenner could shake up the roster in a grand way.**

No comments: