Thursday, August 14, 2008

History in the making

I hope that I'm not jinxing him, but I believe that Michael Phelps is going to make history at this years Olympics. I'll be the first to admit, but I'm not a very big Olympic fan. I never got into the "us versus them" mentality or even just watching to root our fellow countrymen on to victory.
But this year is different. I've really enjoyed watching Phelps swim. He is far and away the most dominant athlete that I've ever seen. Tiger Woods is dominant in golf, Lance Armstrong was dominant in cycling, and Michael Jordan was dominant in basketball. But none of them compare to how Phelps is performing at this years Olympics.
We are watching history in the making folks, be sure to catch it before the Olympic games are over. This is the kind of performance that you will be telling your grandchildren about fifty years from now.

No comments: