Monday, August 4, 2008

Baseball thoughts

Living here in Michigan, I get to see a lot of Detroit Tigers games. Even though I'm a Boston Red Sox fan, I do enjoy watching the Tigers also. This team seems to be falling apart as the season wears on. I understand that they needed to move Pudge. But to get a player like Farnsworth is just mind boggling! Since he's come to Detroit he has pitched 3 innings and given up 5 hits, 5 earned runs, 3 home runs, blown one save opportunity. His era is an astonishing 15.00!!
I'm trying to figure out what Dave Dombrowski is thinking. For the Tigers sake, I hope that he's trying to clear salary cap room (Farnsworth, Rogers, Jones, Rodney, Thames, Wilson, Seay, Santiago, Perez, Miner, Zumaya, among others)to make a run at some solid players in the off season. These players 2008 salaries totaled in at close to $41 million dollars. Let's hope for the Tigers sake that they can make some improvements this off season and return to their 2006 form.

Also, I'm going out on a limb for a prediction. Jim Leyland will not return as Tigers manager next year. You heard it hear first!

No comments: