Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Are you ready for some football!!

The football season is upon us people! I really look forward to this time of year. Football season means that the leaves will start changing, the weather gets a little cooler, cider and donuts are available (mmmmm....cider and donuts). I do love watching the NFL, but college football is very exciting. Each saturday we all watch our favorite teams do battle on the gridiron against their rival schools in hopes of getting a great bowl game. Then, we all spend the next week at work hyping our team up and knocking down our co workers favorite team. If our team wins the big game, we get to gloat for the next year. If our team loses, then we have to take some good natured ribbing until the next years game.
As a Michigan fan, I am approaching this season with a feeling of uncertainty. In years past, we knew what kind of team we had, who the top players were going to be, what games were going to be the tough ones, etc. This year, I don't really have any idea who these guys are. The big name guys (Henne, Hart, Long, Manningham and Arrington) are all gone to the NFL. I've heard that the quarterback will probably be an incoming freshman. Rich Rodriguez is taking over the program and will do a good job. I'm just not sure how the next couple of years will go. The adjusting period is making me nervous. Last year we were all excited because there were a lot of seniors with loads of experience. Many thought that they were going to contend for the National Championship. Then with the surprising loss to App St. and then to Oregon, we knew that the hopes of sending Lloyd out in style were over.
I'm just wondering how everyone else thinks that the Wolverines are going to do this year. I'm predicting 7 wins.

No comments: