Sunday, August 10, 2008

And the winner is....

Well, the time has come. Three weeks ago I sent out an email to all NFL and AFL teams declaring myself a free agent fan. I asked them why I should be a fan of their team and what their team could offer myself as a fan. I had replies from the Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks, Houston Texans, and New York Jets. The only team from the AFL was the Grand Rapids Rampage.
After a lot of thinking and researching, I have come to a conclusion. My favorite team from the AFL is the Grand Rapids Rampage! They sent me some merchandise as well as a handwritten note explaining reasons why I should be a Rampage fan.
My new favorite team in the NFL is the Kansas City Chiefs! It was a tough decision between them and the Houston Texans. Houston sent me an email and a really cool fan pack which included a Texans hat. Kansas City was really the only team that put some thought into their email to me selling Chiefs football. The rest of the teams wrote a few sentences about their team, but the Chiefs (Ali Pollock, client relations for the KC Chiefs) wrote me a really insightful email about the team and why she enjoys them also.
So, today I will email the Detroit Lions (my former football team) and inform them that I am no longer a fan of them. I will also email the Rampage and Chiefs and tell them that I am officially on board with their teams.
Go Chiefs (this fall) and Go Rampage (next spring)!

No comments: